Benefits for Individual ADLS Members
ADLS provides its individually subscribed Members access to special benefits and preferential offers on a range of legal products and services designed to assist lawyers in their career. A summary of these benefits is outlined below.
1. Professional development
• Special member pricing is offered on a wide range of relevant, topical face to face and online ADLS CPD courses and activities (including seminars, webinars and on demand videos) developed by lawyers, with the support of the ADLS CPD Committee, and delivered by experts in their field.
• Assistance with managing the requirements of the mandatory CPD Regime, through the online ADLS CPD Plan and Record management (CPDPR) tool and set of comprehensive instructional tools, including video, and FAQs.
• Special member pricing is offered on the ADLS CPD Seminar Papers Subscription Scheme.
2. An Independent Voice representing the legal profession
• ADLS Members have the chance to be a leader and influence change through participation in one of ADLS’s 16 effective legal Committees. Interested lawyers need to apply to join one of these Committees. Remote participation for those Committee members located outside of Auckland is available.
• The opportunity to submit articles for consideration of publishing in LawNews.
3. Keeping up to date and informed with a range of targeted ADLS legal publications and updates
• A free subscription to the weekly LawNews publication.
• A free subscription to the weekly ADLS Monday e-Bulletin.
• Timely and topical email updates from ADLS.
4. Legal resources and tools
• Assistance with managing the requirements of the mandatory CPD Regime, using the online ADLS CPD Plan and Record management (CPDPR) tool and set of comprehensive instructional tools, including video, and FAQs.
• Special member pricing is offered on legal text books and related products at the ADLS bookstore (including the online store).
• Special member pricing is offered on ADLS’s Legal Practice Manual.
• A free, preferential listing is available on ADLS’s Find a Lawyer, located on www.adls.org.nz, which receives 100,000 page views a year.
• Access to the special offers provided by third party suppliers through the ADLS Members Benefits Programme.
5. Earn Airpoints Dollars™ on your ADLS purchases
• ADLS has partnered with the Air New Zealand Airpoints™ programme, providing ADLS Members who have registered their Airpoints membership details with ADLS, the opportunity to start earning Airpoints Dollars at the standard rate of 4 Airpoints Dollars™ for every $100 spent (excluding GST) on eligible ADLS purchases, such as CPD, legal texts, membership fees and more. To get started, register your Air New Zealand Airpoints membership number with ADLS here. Terms and conditions apply.
6. Collegiality and assistance
• The chance to meet and network with other lawyers, through a broad range of ADLS Collegiality Events and member update meetings and access to special member pricing on many of these events..
• Access to the ADLS Friends Panel, for support and advice.