**POSITION FILLED** Full-Time & Part-Time Paid Opportunity - Law Clerk & Junior Lawyer
Founder Andrew Matthews has over 25 years’ experience dealing with competition authorities in New Zealand, the UK and EU before founding Matthews Law in 2013. Previously he headed Minter Ellison Rudd Watts’ Competition and TMT teams. Matthews Law has again been ranked as leaders in competition/antitrust in Chambers Asia-Pacific 2020 Guide.
Junior roles include:
– legal research - NZ & international agencies & court decisions
– factual research of companies, products, markets & industries
– analysis based on that work
– document review (including in regulatory investigations)
– attending client meetings & Commerce Commission meetings, taking notes & reporting to clients
– dealing direct with clients, including domestic & offshore law firms and multinationals
– dealing with providers of forensic technology
– leadership in ongoing know-how/legal development
– preparing advice, both to colleagues and clients
– robust peer review of junior & senior colleagues
– bringing fresh perspectives around innovation
– day-to-day management of files.
With a flat structure in a small, focused firm (no pyramid structure), the ability to develop and advance is up to you.
Some knowledge of economics or other business studies is useful but not essential.
For more details visit LinkedIn here.
Level 33, Vero Centre
48 Shortland Street
All applications should include a personalised cover letter and CV. To register your interest, include the reference number #126.
University of Auckland students email the above details to:
The University of Auckland Law School Student Engagement
AUT students email their details to:
Erica D'Souza, AUTLSS President
Applications close at 3.00 pm on Sunday 12 January 2020. The University of Auckland and AUT will confirm if your application has been shortlisted and sent to the employer.
Please do not contact the advertiser directly.