**POSITION FILLED** Part-time Paid Opportunity for Technology Law/ Patent Attorney
- A boutique firm with a fun and flexible environment
- Office in Auckland & Wellington CBD close to public transport
- Iconic client base with interesting and varied work
- Opportunities to grow into a full time role and progress
Ellis Terry is a boutique Intellectual Property firm with offices in both Auckland and Wellington, dealing at the intersection of technology and law. The work is diverse and stimulating, working directly with some of the most exciting technology companies in New Zealand, ranging from large listed companies to start ups. They focus on local technology clients with international portfolios and contentious work such as:
- Powerhouse Wind
- Modiale LifePod
Looking for a 4th or 5th year law student, ideally with an engineering or science conjoint to start on Monday 15 May 2017. Higher level honours, Masters or Phd would be an advantage. The preferred technical area is electrical/electronics, but other related areas including mechanical will be considered.
The role includes:
- Assisting with litigation before the Patent Office and courts;
- Drafting and advising on technology related contracts;
- Corporate and tax law specifically in relation to intellectual property;
- Conducting technical research to evaluate the novelty of technology and assess the risk of patent infringement;
- Learning to draft patents and handle the patent examination process; and
- General coordination of client portfolios and contact with clients.
Collegial environment, offering a high degree of job flexibility. The person will need to learn quickly and enjoy working autonomously and directly with clients.
12 O’Connell Street, Auckland Central
To register your interest, please email your CV, cover letter and academic transcript including the reference number #32 to:
Student Support and Experience Adviser, Faculty of Law, University of Auckland
Applications close by Friday 5 May 2017. The univeristy will confirm receipt of your CV and also submit eligible candidates to the advertiser.
Any questions please contact Tessa Sillifant. Please DO NOT contact Ellis Terry directly.