After trial or other disposal of a proceeding, your client’s expectations might well be different from commercial reality.
This seminar will delve into the procedural and practical twists and turns that a matter can take at this point, and provide guidance on preparing the client for what will – or could be – in store.
- Receive a refresher on the ways in which a matter might be disposed of other than by trial.
- Become updated on interest claims and awards.
- Identify the types of costs awards that might apply, including increase in scale, against counsel, and per issue.
- In respect of judgments, attain a deeper understanding of the types; of potential pathways including sealing, notification, recall, setting aside, variation, satisfaction, enforcement and change of parties or representation; and how to manage your client’s expectations.
- Gain insights into the implications of partial success and non-compliance.
Who should attend?
Civil and commercial litigators at junior to intermediate level and those more senior seeking a refresher. General practitioners who do some litigation work will also benefit from attending.
In person registration only
Please note this page is only for registration to attend in person.
To register to attend via live stream click here.