A must-attend event for those practising in criminal law, exploring these important topics:
- 'Harm done': arguing the ultimate issue in criminal appeals
- Evidence Act changes – how they affect you
- Practical tips for plea instructions
- Dealing with the Crown
- Jury Vetting
- Learn how to craft and present your argument on appeal so that an appellate court is persuaded that a miscarriage of justice has occurred.
- Gain a better understanding of the changes to the Evidence Act that impact criminal law practitioners.
- Receive practical tips about when and how to take plea instructions.
- Learn about the concept of jury vetting, gain a practical understanding of the Juries Act 1981, and discover what you as a practitioner could be doing differently to make the most out of available challenges.
Who should attend?
All lawyers practising in criminal law.
In person registration only
Please note this page is only for registration to attend in person.
To register to attend via live stream click here
His Honour Judge Winter