This instalment in our CPD series, designed to help you run your practice and you to practise, will provide a roadmap for and reminders about the lifecycle of the employment relationship within the context of legal practice – from engaging staff to ending the relationship.
In respect of employment matters within legal practices:
- Gain a better understanding of the special contractual context, and the numerous and broad obligations held by employers – including in respect of recruitment and written employment agreements.
- Learn more about the role of recruiters in finding talent for your firm and how to get the most out of the relationship.
- Gain insights into trends in the legal market (including employee demands) to help you attract applicants and in turn engage and retain employees.
- Become better apprised of the policies that should be in place, or implemented/ updated, for compliance purposes and for better workplaces.
- Develop a better understanding of the current remuneration market, including how remuneration structures impact on firm culture and the latest results from Legal Personnel’s Salary Survey.
- Become better prepared for managing issues such as absence, poor performance and misconduct and circumstances such as restructure.
- Learn more about the role and importance of exit interviews and without prejudice conversations.
- Become updated on pending changes to our employment laws, and the impact these will have.
Who should attend?
All lawyers who are employers, as well as practice managers and HR managers.
live stream registration only
Please note this page is only for registration to attend via live stream.
To register to attend in person click here
Kiely Thompson Caisley
Simon has particular expertise in employee relations and dispute resolution, disciplinary investigations, performance management, restructuring and redundancies, restraints of trade and confidentiality. He also has significant litigation experience, including health and safety prosecutions.
Simon heads the firm's immigration team. He is experienced in providing immigration advice to employers in relation to intra-company transfers and seconding employees from other countries to live and work in New Zealand.
Simon is solution focussed and provides pragmatic, commercial advice to multinationals, SME's and individuals. Simon is also admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales.
Legal Personnel (2017) Limited
Jarrod is passionate about understanding people and how to get them to perform at their best.
Jarrod has worked for a range of professional services companies from large global firms, to owning and managing his own small business, so he knows how these organisations work. For many years Jarrod managed an annual remuneration survey of law firms and has developed a good understanding of the roles in the industry.
In June 2017 Jarrod purchased Legal Personnel from the founder Judith Eller and continues the great reputation Legal Personnel has established helping connect clients and candidates.
Employers & Manufacturers Association