You’re juggling a busy schedule when you suddenly need to get involved in a claim made against a lawyer, perhaps against one of your partners, an employee, external colleague or even you.
What do you do?
This seminar will discuss how to respond to civil claims against lawyers, whether you are the lawyer against whom the claim is brought or whether you are representing another practitioner.
- Find out about the process involved in claims against lawyers and the steps that need to be taken when a claim is made.
- Learn about the issues involved in these claims including:
- the scope of lawyers’ duties of care;
- conflicts of interest, confidentiality and other fiduciary duties;
- application of the Fair Trading Act;
- developing trends in professional liability – areas to watch out for.
- Learn more about how professional indemnity policies work.
Who should attend?
This seminar is relevant to all lawyers.
Live stream registration only
Please note this page is only for registration to attend via live stream.
To register to attend in person click here
Daniel McLellan QC