Excel, for some an enigma wrapped up in gridlines and columns. For those in the know, it’s a useful tool that marshals complex sets of data, displays information graphically, analyses billing, and creates a case status or workload database, amongst many other things. Find out when and how to use Excel to best effect.
- Become familiar with the layout of the Excel screen and key Excel terminology.
- Learn basic skills and tips and tricks to start a spreadsheet from scratch: entering data, understanding the different types of data, formatting and simple formulas.
- Learn basic skills and tips and tricks to manage an existing spreadsheet - viewing, navigation, sorting, filtering, printing and simple edits including amending data and inserting/deleting cells, rows, columns and sheets.
- Get a taster of some more advanced Excel features: conditional formatting, pivot tables and graphs.
- Discover keyboard shortcuts to help you use Excel more efficiently.
Who should view?
Lawyers, legal executives, practice managers and support staff. This On Demand recorded webinar will refer to Microsoft Excel 2010 and is designed for beginners, although those needing a refresher may also benefit from attending this introduction.
Feedback from the live event
"Although I do not use Excel very often, this webinar solved a lot of mysteries for me that in the future I will be able to use."
"I have been using excel for a while, but clearly not anywhere near its full potential. The clear instructions and shortcuts will be very helpful for me and in my view the webinar was pitched at a helpful level."
"This gave me some great tips to better use Excel (which I have only self-taught myself so far) together with an insight to the vast options Excel provides."
"Sally was a fantastic presenter - very clear, well explained and interesting."
Watch On Demand
To view the On Demand full version below, please use your password provided on purchase.
Click here to preview
Note that, purchases of On Demand items will be processed during normal business hours. This process includes sending you a password via email to enable you to access the full version.
Project Support/Technology Learning Advisor, Simpson Grierson
Sally works for Simpson Grierson in the role of Project Support/Technology Learning Advisor – a rather long job title which basically means being involved with learning, teaching and supporting the ever-changing range of software required in a modern business. She has been at Simpson Grierson for 18 years, and prior to that has worked in a variety of support roles in professional services firms in London and Auckland. Sally has always had an interest in technology, and loves helping people learn to use it effectively, and without fear. The most rewarding thing about her job is regularly hearing people say "You have just saved me SO much time!"
Sally has a BA from Auckland University and a Grad Dip Adult Learning and Teaching from Massey.