This On Demand seminar explains the latest trends and developments in commercial leasing. From new liabilities and risks to development leasing opportunities, you will hear about topics including:
- the impact of earthquake strengthening policy and seismic rating on lessor and lessee relationships;
- insurance issues in commercial leasing;
- liability and insurance issues surrounding landlord negligence;
- risks and challenges for landlords in development leasing.
By watching this On Demand seminar you will learn about:
- how to allocate risks in commercial leasing;
- express provisions now being used by landlords to limit liability;
- the liability of landlords for servants and agents;
- recent earthquake strengthening policy decisions;
- interfaces between agreements to lease, construction contracts and consultancy agreements; and
- tips about what matters to commercial tenant clients.
Who should view
Property lawyers, commercial lawyers, building & construction lawyers
Feedback from the live event
"Good to have these emerging trend seminars due to many unsettled issues."
"Very practical presentation by Bruce and Bridget, thank you."
"I like Alistair’s balance of humour, confidence and knowledge."
Click here to preview
Note that, purchases of On Demand items will be processed during normal business hours. This process includes sending you a password via email to enable you to access the full version.
Partner, Duncan Cotterill
Bruce Patterson is a partner in Duncan Cotterill’s Auckland office. Bruce specialises in property and tax law and has a wide range of experience in leasing and development work.
Senior Solicitor, Duncan Cotterill
Bridget Cameron is a senior solicitor in Duncan Cotterill’s Auckland office. She practises predominantly in property law and is experienced in drafting and negotiating commercial leases acting for both landlords and tenants.
Senior Associate, Chapman Tripp
Alistair joined Chapman Tripp in 2005 from PricewaterhouseCoopers where he practiced as a tax consultant. He advises clients on all aspects of property law including leasing, infrastructure, development, acquisitions, disposals, syndications, and property finance. He acts for a wide range of clients including infrastructure companies, development companies, institutional investors and major corporates.