Author(s): compilation of papers
Materials comprised of a paper and a PowerPoint handout
Martin Smith, Partner, Gilbert Walker
Linda Hui, Senior Solicitor, Meredith Connell
These materials examine the twists and turns a case can take in its final stages when a case is disposed of.
They provide guidance on how to prepare your client for what will – or could still be – in store and will help attendees manage the important issues which can arise in an efficient, practical way in accordance with the High Court or District Court Rules.
These materials will help you
- The different forms of judgment and the steps which may be taken in respect of a judgment – including sealing, notification, recall, setting aside, variation, satisfaction, and enforcement.
- Managing your client’s expectations before and after the receipt of a judgment.
- The implications of partial success.
- The effect of non-compliance with orders in a judgment.
- Claims for interest and the basis for them.
- Costs issues including the kinds of costs awards which may be available under the rules – applying for increases from scale, costs against counsel and costs on specific issues.
All lawyers who act in civil and commercial litigation.
|Publication date||August 2019|
|Format||PDF and/or hard copy|
CPD Seminar Papers
3x AIRPOINTS DOLLARS™ WITH ADLS THIS SEPTEMBER*
Add to cart
Become a member
You may only purchase 1 Company Constitution
Prices exclude GST and Postage & Packaging
For international orders – please call the Book Store on +64 9 306 5740 to arrange delivery.
If you require this paper urgently and instead prefer to receive it electronically, then please instead email email@example.com or call 09 303 5278